Phi Phi Island is Thailand’s superstar island – it has literally been in movies. There are six islands in the group known as Phi Phi. There are limestone mountains with cliffs, caves, and long white sandy beaches. Phi Phi Don and Phi Phi Lee are the largest and most well-known islands.Known for its beauty, this destination is one of the reasons so many travelers consider visiting Phuket.
One of the best way to explore the islands is by speed boat – getting there is really fast and there are plenty of travel agencies that offer full day trips, including meals and return hotel transfers.
**A QUICK TIP** When booking your trip BARGAIN, BARGAIN, BARGAIN. As you know prices for tourists everywhere tend to be a bit higher, so do your best and you will definitely manage to save some money.
I also went on a boat trip and so far it has been one of the most scenic trips I have ever done. As a kid I always dreamt of drinking a coconut under a coconut palm tree. Guess what? Dreams do come true…Here are some of my favorite moments of the trip:
1. Before we get there – enjoy some snorkeling and have lunch on the beach
2. Passing by the exact spot where the movie “The Beach” with Leonardo DiCaprio was filmed (bucket list – check ✓)
3. Taking photo in crystal clear Phi Phi water with a local boat ✓
4. Drinking coconuts on the beach under the palm trees ✓
5. Exploring the main Phi Phi island
6. Enjoying adventure speed boat experience on the way back
P.S. The photos are made by phone and have no color corrections – if my skin looks too red, it really was, I was really sun-burnt that day. DO NOT forget your sun protection when going on a boat trip!