Dear fellow travellers,
Hope you are all enjoying a good season of cheerful celebrations. Should you happen to be invited to a beautiful event and wonder what flower to pick, here it is a nice suggestion with a personal touch.
Why not make a perfect DIY paper flower? It would last longer, leave a really lovely impression and add so much beauty to a day full of joy. I would reveal the secrets behind the creation and design in the following gallery. Enjoy!
- Get all the things you need ready and available on your working space
- Glue/adhesive (I used shoe glue in this case, but any suitable kind would do the work)
- Transparent or dark green scotch tape
- A pair of scissors
- Long stick ( Could be wooden ,plastic, cardboard or whatever you may find in a craft or flower shop)
- A round pencil
- At least two colors of crepe paper (I chose yellow and green, as those are the favorite colors of the special person in mind)
- Cut 5 tear shaped petals and 15 heart shaped petals out of crepe paper for the head of the flower
- Use the pencil to mold the petals into more realistically shaped ones
- Adjust first the tear shaped petals near the end of the stick. Use scotch tape for every layer. Start gradually adding the heart shaped ones.
- Cut a long rectangular piece of green crepe paper, do a harmonica fold and cut out a ‘M’ shape like the one shown in the photo
- Add the green sepals to the head of the flower
- Cut a long thin green stripe for the stem. Start forming the stem covering it with the crepe paper in a spiral
- Add a small piece of the paper used for the petals to cover the stigma
- Add cut out green leaves to the stem for a final touch
Voilà! Your DIY paper flower is ready to be given from the heart to your beloved one!
Hope you can make a good use of this pretty suggestion. Stay always inspired!
Looking forward to seeing you rejoin our virtual craft studio soon!
Your always co-creating,